Finding Aid LaCross Boat Works Inc. Collection TBRC-26
- LaCross Boat Works Inc., Donor
- LaCross, Lorrie, Donor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Finding Aids
- Biographical & Historical Information: The LaCross Family’s first business ventures began in the early 1940s with cabinet making and general woodwork. In 1951, brothers Arthur and Ernest, with sons Jim and Charles, began constructing wood filing cabinets in Alpena, MI, which was distributed through Leonard’s Office Supply and Equipment Co. of Detroit. In 1955, the Kauffman Boat Works came under the ownership of the LaCross Boat Works, which constructed various wooden recreational motorboats over the next 40 years. The business closed in 2006.
Scope & Content: Early business ventures, boat images (1950s), brochures (1950s), financial statements (1950-1961), boat shows.
- Special Collections, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- Place of Publication
- Alpena, MI
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- LaCross Boat Works Inc.
- Local identifier
- LaCross Boat Works Inc. Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 45.06168 Longitude: -83.43275
- Lorrie Lacross
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- 211 N 1st Ave Alpena MI 49707 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommended Citation
- LaCross Boat Works Inc. Collection, Alpena County George n. Fletcher Public Library. Alpena, MI
- For research only
- Reproduction Notes
- Please contact Special Collections before sharing beyond this database.
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:211 N. First Ave.
Alpena, Michigan 49707